I forgot how cold winter was until now. The kids (Josh included) had a great time making a snowman. Nate made his own. He is starting to assert his independence. It is a bittersweet time. I enjoy it when he still needs me sometimes. He also just finished the 1st Harry Potter. He read it pretty fast and is so proud of himself. I told him he couldn't watch the movies until he finished the books thinking I would be safe. The 1st Harry Potter is PG, but the rest are PG-13. I am going to have to back track on my movie rule because he is way too young for the later movies. He is waiting for book 2 to be transferred to our library branch. Until then he is just having to entertain himself with the Star Wars Jedi series. I wish he put this much energy into some of his other school subjects.
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I love it that Nate is reading so well. In my heart of hearts, children reading is my favorite thing about education. Ha, ha! I hate it when I make a rule thinking I've outsmarted my kids and then it backfires on me. This happens to me almost weekly....darn those smart kids anyway huh?
You really weren't kidding when you said it was cold there. Yesterday it was so balmy that I stripped off my coat and cruised around outside in my t-shirt. Many a Christmas lights appeared throughout the neighborhood as a result of the weather.
Miss you....counting down the days.
Hey Kim! It's me, your old VT partner. It's been a long time! I can't believe you had twins! They're so cute! Glad to see you guys are doing well. I can't even relate with the whole cold thing--we're in Texas where the locals are whining because it gets down to the 50s--and that's on a cold day!
That is so great Nate's such an avid reader. :-) So I looked back at all the fun pictures you've posted and I love them ALL!! The fashion of the girls is too precious. Love the 'ode' to Josh' which reminded me a lot about why I love John (they share a lot of characteristics). We can't wait to see you guys!
Hi Kim! It's me, Melissa, from the Murray ward (then I moved away). I'm so excited I found your blog. I love reading about how you're going. I miss you guys. I would like to send you a Christmas card, so email me your address.
Cute snowman. Gotta love those midwest winters! :) When are you guys going to be in Utah? We are there after Christmas, the 27th- Jan. 3. HOpe our trips overlap and I can meet those precious little girls. (And catch up with you, of course.)
Will you please e-mail me your current address? treksmom@hotmail.com
Loved your holiday letter - thanks for thinking of us & Merry Christmas to you as well!
Post a Comment