Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Good news, Bad news

The good news is that they only have to have 1 surgery--ear tubes (easy enough). The other issue won't go away, but they hope to minimize and control it. Hurray! The bad news is that the physical therapist mentioned today that they may need braces on their legs and feet to be able to stand and walk. Apparently their muscles really let them hyper-extend making it difficult to stand without wobbling. I was a bit bummed but I have decided that her opinion is valuable, but things can still change. I am being hopeful and realistic at the same time. They are not expected to start walking until around age 2. Right now they are still months away from just sitting so we will take our own sweet time.

Besides, we are still on a high from our short Utah visit. I would post more about it but it is after 10 and I am exhausted.

4 comments:

k.young said...

I can't wait to hear about your trip to Utah! I hope it was fun for you.
And you are so optimistic! I love it. I need to be more like you.

Heidi said...

Who COULD ask for more?! That picture is PRICELESS! L.O.V.E. it!

Cassie said...

I miss my sister!!! I loved you staying at my house, and I miss my girls they always had a smile for me and they knew me so well they're not going to recognize me in oct.:( Well give all my kids kisses.

LeAnne said...

I love that picture! I miss our chats, hope your Utah trip was great and that I see you soon. :)