The morning of the 4th I was pretty depressed. I was missing my parents' neighborhood breakfast, the Murray parade, the BBQ and fun in the sun with family and lighting off fireworks together. But, we decided to head to the beach for a couple of hours. We had been invited over the phone by a member of the stake pres. but we knew everyone there would be in the ward & we are in the branch. It was a potentially akward situation to go somewhere and meet a whole bunch of strangers but we did it anyway. We ended up getting to know several amazing families and having a great time. We ended up staying the whole day and ordering pizza with them. Our kids made friends easily and it ended up being a fantastic day. I loved sitting on the beach and watching the fireworks over the pier. It was the start of a new tradition.

Andrew posing with the twins in their beach hats.

Ansely holding a sleeping Tasha. We got spoiled with several people who loved holding the twins and they gave us a ton of breaks.
I am in the orange jacket riding in the catamaran.

Gabby playing in the tide pools.
Andrew just loved the little tide pools. They were the perfect size and the water is about 92 degrees. The kids had a great time catching sand fleas (about 1" in length) and keeping them in little pools & buckets.
Nate found a new friend Seth, who likes boogie boarding as much as he does. It was so fun for the kids to swim until dark.
2 comments:
Wow am I jealous of all that beach! We miss you guys!
Although the Murray Fun Run was a BLAST, the parade wasn't all that great....so you didn't miss much! I would love to spend the day at the beach on the 4th of July or any other day. Something we will never do here in Murray.
Thanks for your phone call the other day. Don't really know how to return it because I am not sure of your phone number. Love you and miss you!!!!
Post a Comment