Friday, November 28, 2008

Praise to my man

Since I can't download the pictures from Thanksgiving for some reason, I will just comment quickly on what I am grateful for. I have fantastic friends and a wonderful family, but what I am most thankful for is Josh. I was almost 26 when we met and with 2 exceptions I had had a series of 2-3 week boyfriends. I no longer believed that I could really have something that lasted. He knew that if we ever got together it would be serious. I have no idea how he knew. He just did. My dad wasn't so sure after Josh tried to hold his hand within a few minutes of meeting him (funny story). We will be married 9 years in January and I still really like him. I want to go everywhere and be with him all the time. It's like an addiction. He has been so good to me over the years. There has been a lot he has put up with. I would say that 5 pregnancies and 6 kids is a challenge for any husband! He just got up at 3:30 this morning so that I would not be shopping alone in the wee hours of the morning. In our first apartment we were about 100 yards from the parking but he would get up early and go out to heat up my car for me so I could teach at 7 am. I have never forgotten this first in a series of self-sacrifices for me. He has gone without so many things for the kids and me (most recently decent shoes but I finally fixed that). His talents are quiet ones that are not obvious until you know him well, but they amaze me constantly and suit our simple lifestyle. His sense of humor and humble ways make my imperfections more bearable and make me want to be better for him. Since it is too cold to shout it from the rooftops, I will shout it from my blog: I LOVE YOU JOSH AND YOU ARE THE VERY BEST PART OF MY LIFE!

1 comment:

Parrylarious said...

A very fitting thankful tribute to your cute husband.

I can't think of a better birthday present than you coming to Utah. Don't forget that we are hosting a New Year's Eve party.

Miss you!