Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Spetpember

We haven't kept things updated because we have had a bit of a rough patch this month. Our first week in school was all we ended up with and our kids are now homeschooled. I said I never would, so I am eating my words and they taste awful. Gabby & Nate started flag football & cheerleading which they both love and Josh is back in the full swing of school again.

Our 3 yr old Andrew has undergone a series of tests this month. At first we were convinced (90% sure) that he had a chromosomal deficiency called PWsyndrome (if I put the real name, my blog can show up in a search). We were devastated and it was a long 3 weeks until the results came. We were elated that they were negative but then we are still up in the air as to what is wrong. So, we will now meet with a long string of pediatric specialists to find out if there is a name to what is going on, or if it is just a grab bag of symptoms. Right now he meets 2x a week each with a physical and occupational therapist and we are waiting on his academic, speech, and psychological tests. We are also waiting on a horse-riding program for "special needs" kids in our area. And yes, as of now, our sweet Andrew is considered "special needs." I guess if you are going to have one, you might as well have 3!
The amazing thing is that he seems to sense my sadness and has continually reassured me this month with his cheesy grin that he's happy. In truth, we really can't ask for more than that.

4 comments:

Wilson Family said...

Hey dear friend,

Sounds like you've been having a very busy month. How I wish we lived close so we could homeschool together :) What made you decide to homeschool? Are the schools not great in your area? You are an amazing woman with a very beautiful family. We truly miss you all.

Annie said...

I remember once tossing around the idea with you about homeschooling are kids together, long before either one of us had any kids... I wish we lived close by and we could do that now. I was this close to homeschooling Jacob this year, but with our move back to utah I decided to wait with it.. I won't rule it out though. My brother and his wife homeschool their five children and she claims it is the joy of her life. I wish you all the best in that endeavor ,I'm sure you will probably be saying that too, (some days)
I'm sure you will do great! Hey you are a trained teacher! No worries!

Misti said...

Homeschooling is in the back of our minds as well. You will be amazing! We miss you guys!

Mandy said...

It's sounds like you have had a "great Month" I had no idea. Take care and I will talk to you soon.