Abigail was diagnosed at 2 a.m. this morning with Leukemia. We had taken her in because her leg hurt and she wouldn't walk. We went from probable toddler fracture to Leukemia in 2 hours. 13 hours later she was in surgery getting a permanant port, spinal puncture with chemo, and a bone marrow biopsy. Tomorrow or Sat. she starts 2+ years of cancer treatments. The success rate is 80%. Another fun statistic is that Natasha has a 50-75% chance of getting it. If not now, eventually. Please keep our little fighting angel in your prayers. If you live locally and would be willing to help over the next couple of years, please e-mail. We will need sitters, rides, and baby holders for 2 more years at least.
The irony is that last week I avoided our latest Corban news because I always think it sounds like I am trying to be dramatic. The reality is that he is severely delayed in gross motor skills, moderately delayed in fine motor skills and mildly delayed in receptive language skills. All this means is that he is 6 months with only a 3 month old's skills. I was devastated and could not believe it was really happening to us. I guess I just had no idea what was coming down the pipe.
22 comments:
Kim, I would be happy to help when you need it. Please call me whenever...801-819-8556.
Kim & Josh- know that we love you and will keep you in our prayers. You are such a special family!
We will keep you all in our prayers. You are such an amazing family and I know you will stay strong. Let us know if there is anything we can do up here. I will plan a time when I can come and help out. We love you all. Hugs and kisses to the kids. Tracey
Kim, I got a call from a your friend Mandy's sister who is in my ward and she told me the sad news and then I came to your blog-I odn't know why I haven't seen your blog before. I am so sorry and I am TOTALLY willing to help any way you need....seriously!!!PLEASE PLEASE call me! Can you make a button for her to pray for her and I could put it on my blog and then it would lead to your blog? A couple of my other blog friends who are going through this with their little ones have buttons that say praying for.... and the childs name. I am sure my friend would make one for you if you want. Anyway we will keep you in our prayers and PLEASE let me what I can do
(801)262-6774
Much love
Kecia
I really don't what to say. I'm so sorry. We will keep you in our prayers. you know that I'm will to help anyway that I can! Please just ask. Be strong, we love you all.
I love you guys and you are in my prayers even more than you already have been! You are such a strong family I know your faith will keep you going in this battle. I wish I lived close so I could help you out. Know of our love and support that goes out to you in big numbers here in Idaho!
We are thinking of you all at this time. We wish we were there to be baby holders again for you. :) (Or whatever you would need us to be!) You will be in our prayers and thoughts.
I am so sorry (just heard the news from Kecia). Praying for your cuties.
Kristin (Max's mom)
http://twodogsandafish.blogspot.com/
Kim!! What THE HEY? I am so sorry! A friend of mine in Vancouver found out her 3 year old has Leukemia just before Christmas. I've been following her blog maybe you would like to look at it. cartersmightyfight.blogspot.com
YOu will be in my prayers and I am available and willing to do anything I can to help you out. My van Seats 4 more people.
Oh, no. This is sad. I hope that all goes well for her, and that her sister never has to go through this, too. You will be in our prayers. I wish I were closer, so I could do more for you. I love you guys!
Kim, Josh, and kids,
We have had you on our minds all day since finding out the news last night. Little Abigail is in our prayers and the rest of the family also. If effects you all in someway or another. I know you are loved there as much as you were loved here in our little branch. I know you will get the help you need. Give yourselves a huge hug from the Shaw family. We will keep you and Abigail in our prayers.
When Betsy called with the news John came home with tears in his eyes & told me & I just couldn't believe it. "there's no way this family can take any more news like that" was my first thought. I can't imagine what you're both going through so just know that John & I are thinking of you & your girls everyday & sending you light & love. We pray for you all everyday, especially Abigial. We love you guys. You know that if there's anything we can do, we'll do it. let us know.
Kim & Josh we know it's been awhile since we saw you all in Michigan/Ave, but now we are here in Utah also. Please let us know what we can do to help! We will be praying for you.
Hey, take a look at this website:
http://www.teamasea.com/ I met a lady the other day whose grown daughter has been battling Leukemia for 15 years. She started taking this and her blood tests are all normal. She has literally regained her life. Just wanted to pass it on. It's basically salt water that has been put through a patented process to create redox signaling molecules. So, it isn't harmful, no one can be allergic to it, and it can be taken with other treatments. I think it's worth a look? Praying for you and your sweet family.
Praying for your family!!
I just wanted you to know that you touched my life today.. immensely.. and I'm crying here just writing these words...your sweet words and family helped me to have faith and grattitude on a week where I very much needed it. Prayers thoughts and love coming your way.
I haven't really known what to write but please know we are sending you our prayers and love here from Spokane!! I know with the faith you have, the angels will be surrounding you and your family as you go through this trial. I am sending a great big hug to you! Love you all!
Oh Kim, I'm so sorry to hear all of this that is going on. You are one of the strongest people I know. And the thoughts coming to me are how blessed you and Josh will be for everything you are dealing with now. It sounds like you're still in SLC. So maybe we can see you when we're out again. We love and miss your cute family. you are in our prayers. ---Bryan & Naoni
I found your blog through Kecia's. I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. I have a daughter with DS that is 2. Please let me know if there is anything I can do!
By the way, we have used Mary Clark for our family pictures and she did a great job. We did ours outside but I know she has done a lot indoors too. We have had our kids pictures taken indoors and she has the most amazing backgrounds too. Here is a link to her blog so you can check it out.
http://www.photographybydmc.com/
Kim,
We are in Provo. Thats not to far away. Please call on us anytime night or day. Lots of prayers are coming your way!
Paul and Candy Maxfield
801-897-8722
Hi Kim,
I have been very out of touch because I am rarely on blogs anymore (haven't updated mine for over two years)but after catching some tips off FB I came here to get updated on your news. Wow! Congrates on Josh's job, that is good news! I am so sorry for your little Abigail and her cancer diognosis and for your baby's delays. I will definitely keep you in my prayers. Wish I lived close so I could be of help to you.
Post a Comment