Wednesday, February 16, 2011

No Stinkin' photos

My dear 4 year old lost our camera. The last photo I have was shot on Dec. 23rd. We have combed the house and it is nowhere to be found. I am ready to scream because I feel like I have missed documenting so much of Corban. So, we are looking to buy a nice camera. If any of you have any that you like/suggest, please let me know. I want one that is nice enough that I can actually see my kids in the assemblies instead of having some vague blurry picture of kids on a stage ;)

Therapy hasn't been doing a whole lot for Corbs so it looks like he will end up with a specialized collar soon. I actually want it so I can get things "fixed" and move on. The twins just started a "preschool prep" course 2 days a week and they love it. It just basically gives them structured time with a teacher that is not mom. Looks and sounds very much like nursery!

I left the best for last in this post. Josh has a job. (Insert crowd cheering [and we are a crowd]). I always thought we were supposed to be in FL but I guess I was wrong for now. He is the accounting manager for a biotech company that makes an early detection autism test. I have to laugh because we want to donate a test subject... Since our kids are feeling settled, we are going to be with my folks a bit longer. The rent is cheaper here and we are anxious to make a dent in student loans. Also, trying to find a home in the area of a particular elementary school isn't all that easy. Currently our only option is a 3 bedroom - 1 bath. Um....I think not.

With Josh being gone about 11 hrs each day things are just nuts. I cancelled most therapy for the twins but I still have other kids. We have ice skating lessons, wrestling, 2 different preschools for Andrew (this is for MY benefit), scouts, piano, and other errands. I am glad that my mom is walking better so that she isn't tripping over all the stuff that gets left on the floor as we are loading the car in a panic--late as usual. Sometimes Josh & I ask each other who gave us permission to have all these kids? I miss the blogs I used to look at weekly. If yours is one of them I am still looking it's just monthly these days.

9 comments:

valerie said...

Hooray for the new job!!! I was cheering in my head if that counts! :)
Maybe in 10 years from now you can look back and think...man where are our gold metals for being able to handle all these kids?? :) Your gold metals are waiting for you in heaven if you don't get them on earth!
Love hearing about your crazy life, and how adorable your kids are.
Hopefully you either find your camera or you get a smokin hot deal on a new one, cause we gotta be able to see those faces! :)

Granted By Tiffany said...

Congrats Kim & Co! We've been thinking of you. So glad that things are on the right track. You are amazing for being able to handle everything that's come your way!

As for cameras we have converted to a full Canon family. We both have point & shoots + a digital SLR. The point & shoots are really good these days & reasonably priced. Good Luck with everything

Steve and Donna said...

We have a Sony digital- 15x optical zoom. Cyber shot, 8.1 mega pixels. More expensive but I also wanted zoom in ability and clearer shots- bought at Best Buy.

Annie said...

Yeah!! Congratulations Josh! I'm happy for you! It's been too long since I've seen you. Bring the little ones over to play sometime.

Sly Family said...

Congrats on Josh finding a job! I heard that you are going to join bookclub that will be fun. I look forward to it every month because it is MY time!!! Everyone in it is great!

Heidi said...

Putting my plug in for the Nikon...any of them will be awesome...just depends on how much money you want to spend and the features that are important to you. That being said, with Canon and Nikon, it's sixes...pick the one that someone close to you has...that way you have someone to help you with any questions or problems that arise.

Congrats on the job! You two are amazing.

sweetlissybug said...

Congrats on the new job! That is amazing! I hope you find your camera, but if you don't I like my Panasonic Lumix. It has taken some pretty nice pictures of my kids' programs, and has an 18x zoom on it. I got it about four years ago, so they probably make something even better now, though. Many people like the Cannon Rebel, though. That's a great camera as well. I hope that helped. You can check out the pictures it takes on my blog when you have time. www.lissybug.blogspot.com
Love your guts! :)

Unknown said...

So happy for you guys!! I know life has been crazy for you! You guys are amazing parents and always amaze me! Glad to hear that your Mom is doing better and I'm sure all your fam is glad you are close! Love you guys and good luck!
Jackie...on Blake's account:)

Smith Family said...

What a busy life! Crazy I know or maybe I don't. Smile, enjoy and take deep breaths.

By the way, Nate's scriptures turned up in the storage closet at the school where we meet for church. I have them and will be mailing them.

Tell all the kids hi from us.