Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Nate's Funny



I have to share this quickly so that I don't forget and I can tease him about it when he is a teenager.

Nate (to Josh & I): Can I take male enlargement pills?

Kim: What?!

Nate: Can I take some male enlargement pills?

Josh: Nate, where did you hear about male enlargement pills?

Nate: Grandpa gave me some hunting magazines to read and there is an advertisement inside for male enlargement pills. I am the shortest in my class almost. Please can I take them?

Josh: No Nate.

Nate: Seriously Dad, most of my friends are a whole foot taller than me.

Josh: NO!

I couldn't answer him because I was hiding behind the counter laughing.

Yesterday Josh and I took him out to dinner for his 10th birthday. On the way to the restaurant this was the conversation:

Nate: Mom, Dad I really want to take male enlargement pills. I am waaaay shorter than all the boys and I hate it. If I took male enlargement pills I would be taller and be able to play basketball better.

Josh: Nate, you will get taller soon. You are in a growth spurt right now.

Nate: But one of the advertisements guaranteed that you could grow 5 inches in 60 days or your money back.

I didn't hear anything after this. I was doubled over so he couldn't see me laughing. Poor Josh has been in a position where he could be seen both times.

12 comments:

Steve and Donna said...

wow- this is a first. But kids do take things like this seriously (hah) watch out! :)

Shauna said...

I'm laughing so hard that I'm actually crying! You just made my day!

Des said...

Oh my goodness, Kim- that is hilarious. :)

Mandy said...

so do you or josh set him straight??

Marti said...

Kim, I just read this to Tim and we got a HUGE laugh out of it. One good thing though, with all the serious in your family now, this definitely gave you guys something to laugh about. Love to all, we miss you!

Rach said...

Oh my gosh, I am laughing my head off!

Heidi said...

Thank you for sharing...I am laughing sooo hard! So...are you going to give him correct information, or just keep laughing at him? Poor kid...what if he's talking to his friends about it...they might really be laughing. Throw the kid a bone...help him out!

Emalia said...

oh that is sooo funny John & I are both busting up! :-)

sweetlissybug said...

That made me laugh, and I really, really needed a laugh today. Thanks, Kim. :)

Kristin said...

Love the new family picture :)

Rachel and Michael said...

I don't usually comment on blogs, but that was awesome! I think my reaction would have mirrored your exactly. But I think our problem would be so would Michael's. That is seriously one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time. Kids...what an adventure.
And I agree, you're family photo is so cute!!

Runningmama said...

Oh my goodness, that had me rolling! Thanks for the laugh!