We had such a wonderful time visiting UT it is hard to sum it up. We loved visiting and playing with family. My nieces & nephews have grown up so much! Some have even "outgrown" me (Josh & Sierra). We were able to enjoy holiday parties, visiting, shopping (I miss Dillards clearance sales) and just having the pleasure of staying with grandma & grandpa. Josh was able to take Nate skiing with Uncle Shad & Seth. He is a natural like his dad. James even got to ski for his first time with Dad this year and seemed to really enjoy his time on the slopes. Gabby & I got to have a "Girls Day" with the Tillotson women and had such a great time painting nails, having a tea party, making crafts & dipping fondue. Josh was excited to go shooting with Dan and I believe that Osama Bin Laden better look out!
We were about to head back when some family friends offered to let us spend a few days at their "cabin". It has a game room, theatre, bowling, indoor pool & hot tub, toy room & several 4-wheelers. We were in heaven and enjoyed our mini-vacation in a winter paradise. The fun we had there charged us up for the long trip home. The kids were coughing so miserably (I hate viruses) that we just drove straight through. I took a shift from 9:30 to 2:30 a.m. and Josh drove the rest of the way. What a stud!
We are so glad to be home and we are still sorting through the chaos 5 days later. Oh the joy of 6 kids in 7 years!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I commend you on your driving straight through, honestly I don't know how you guys do it? I guess the sacrifice to see family is more important than how horrible to drive is eh?
Glad to know that you guys were with family for chrismtas and were able to visit both sides.
I love seeing what is going on in your life and it seems like you always have adventures! I am so glad you made it to see family safe and somewhat sound! Such cute pictures! By the way.... Happy Anniversary!
What a fun trip! I LOVE the picture at the top! Is that Natasha or Abigail?
Post a Comment