Today I heard one of my new favorite songs on the radio. I now listen a lot to the local Christian station. It really helps me keep things in perspective. There is this great song that states, "My heart is torn, but I will praise you in the storm." It seems that as I grow older I am seeing more things happen that I could never have imagined earlier. Some good, but many are so sad... I know that the Lord is separating the 'wheat from the tears' so to speak but it just seems like everything in the Proclamation to the family is challenged to its limits lately. It is so depressing. I still believe in every word. When people (who think they somehow have the right to?) comment negatively on our family size we have learned to quickly respond that we love children and they are such a blessing to us. It is interesting the variety of reactions to that statement. What it has done for us is steal the thunder of most of those criticising. Suddenly, they become really positive and often even compliment us.
So my latest goal is to follow this quote "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's learning to dance in the rain." I am setting a goal to meet the negative with the positive--even if it is just in my own mind. Let that steal the adversary's thunder! Life is tough and it's not getting easier. As I have struggled with how to raise my kids I am learning that I cannot control their lives or their trials. But I can teach them how to have a positive attitute and hope of things to come. First, I have to learn this myself. I am a chronic complainer. (this isn't news to anyone who knows me) So, any suggestions and nice reminders would be loved. The quicker I learn how to do this positive stuff, the quicker my kids can learn it too. I wish Captain Kirk could just come down right now and "make it so".
UPDATE: I wrote this last night but this morning when I was doing primary stuff I found this on LDS.org. Elder Nelson is so GREAT!
http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/57744/Elder-Russell-M-Nelson-The-Family-The-Hope-for-the-Future-of-Nations.html
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hermana, yo te quiero tanto! I have never thought of you as a complainer...so I'll have to take your word for it. If you'll take my word that I struggle with the same thing! I want so much for my kids to be positive...but I'm not a very good role model and I see many of my own reactions coming out of their little persons. It is so frustrating for me. So, when you get that good advice, please pass it on!
btw...I think you are amazing...and very positive. So, keep up the great work!
Kim and Josh, you guys are so awesome! We miss you here a ton! Kim, I don't remember you ever complaining either. All I remember is a positive attitude and someone who took all of her trials in stride and accepted them as something you'd work to overcome (or accept). We call you wonder woman in our house! Your kids are lucky to have such great parents who rely on, and teach them to rely on, strength from Heavenly Father. He has so much confidence in you and would never give you anything He knew you couldn't handle. You guys are rocks! Love and miss ya!
Kim,
I read all that you do and how to have handled all that you have been given and the word complaining doesn't even come into the vocabulary when I think about you! You're awesome and amazing! I hope YOU are doing well in the midst of evertying else!
Post a Comment