Last fall as we were going to a facility to have the girls' speech & occupational therapy I started not feeling right. It just didn't seem like a good fit and I wasn't really impressed with all we were getting. I finally was able to get a recommendation for the same OT from 2 seperate sources and was able to contract her directly through our medical plan and not throught the Early Intervention program.
Today our twins had their 6 month evaluation and it shocked all of us. Their grasping skills were that of a child that is 20 months (they are 21 mos.) and their motor coordination skills are that of an 18 month old. These are compared to children without DS! Our OT quietly told us that Abigail & Natasha would no longer be eligible for OT through early intervention if we had been going through them. Yet, they need the constant therapy to continue their progression. We are so delighted with our amazing OT and thrilled that our little angels continue to enjoy great health and progress so quickly. As if to re-iterate this, Abigail stood on her tip toes at the front door today and pulled the handle to go outside. Good thing the door was locked or she would have tumbled outside!
4 comments:
That is AMAZING! Take a big breath, enjoy the moment.
when a door closes- a window opens :)
I love sweet moments of calm that give you something to help you make it through all the craziness in life. I am happy for you and delighted for your girls!
Your faith amazes me!
What a great news. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment