Sunday, March 7, 2010

Space Coast

On a whim we decided Thurs. morning to visit the "Space Coast". We got there about a half an hour before the satellite launch and still got a great spot.
A few seconds after blast off. It was really cool. We could even see the boosters start to fall.

Our unobstructed view (thanks to a tip from a local).


We stayed right on Cape Canaveral by the port. Andrew loved looking out the hotel window at the docking cruise ships.
Here are my girls ready for breakfast. These are my favorite shirts for them to wear!

Natasha had a thing for the dresser and would not stay out.

Arriving at the Kennedy Space Center (affectionatly known to my kids through Nate as the Ka-nady space center).

Here are the kids ready to launch vertically in the Apollo II.


Rocket Garden.

Nate and I went on this virtual launch ride. It was a simulator like Star Tours only a bit scarier. It was quite the illusion.

Viewing the launch pads.

Space shuttle lifesized model that we could explore.

With an "astronaut."
Josh and I have been really grateful to have had some once in a lifetime opportunities with our kids lately. I hope that the 3 oldest will never forget how amazing this trip was.

5 comments:

Steve and Donna said...

I see you finally decided where to go- cool....

Shauna said...

Daniel will be sooooo jealous when I tell him!

Cordie said...

Wow, that sounds like quite the experience. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much!

Parrylarious said...

Happy Late Birthday Kimmy!!! I told Clarice a few weeks ago that I was definitely going to remember your birthday this year. I double checked on Facebook on the date and thought about it all last week. The only catch....I didn't realize that yesterday was the 7th until this morning when I realized that it was the 8th! AUGH!!!!!!!! I love you endlessly and hope you had a great birthday!!

Parrylarious said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I double checked your birth date on Facebook and realized that I must be SUPER STRESSED because I am making stupid mistakes, and embarassing myself all over the place. Well happy birthday tomorrow!!!!