Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Court of Honor & Surprise ending

Nate got several new decorations for his scout uniform Tuesday night. Here he is with his new loot and with his scoutmaster receiving them.
Our scoutmaster is building a beautiful back patio & pool. It made for a beautiful backdrop for the meeting.

The twins' ENT told us Tues. evening that we would have to stay most of Wed. In a scramble we were trying to find a place for our 4 oldest and make some arrangments that were reasonable so Josh could attend class. About 8 am the next day he came in and let us know that our twins and especially Natasha were recovering remarkably (her tonsils & adenoids were a MESS). He couldn't believe that they were eating and drinking at all. I was so grateful to be discharged as soon as Josh & the kids could come. Our little angels were so happy to be home. There have been no complaints about their lunch being a milkshake made with Carnation instant breakfast and we are vigilantly keeping up on their pain meds so they stay hydrated. They seemed so relieved to be in their own beds. I am relived that I am not trying to keep 2 busy, grumpy girls from exploring the hospital on their hands & knees.

This is a really bad picture but it shows Abigail's IV arm & forehead. They put her to sleep with gas and then tried to put in an IV. They didn't listen to me when I told them they would need a pediatric specialist for that. Finally after a half an hour and 8 needle sticks that I can count, they called the specialist. She got it in on the first try with a special light. They had actually tried to get an IV into her forehead. I am so glad she was asleep through it. Needless to say, they just called the specialist down on Natasha's first try.



3 comments:

Steve and Donna said...

Kim- you look tired but I know you are glad that is over and now hopefully can rest alittle- probably not much! :)

Smith Family said...

How you find time for 6 kids, blogs, surgery and everything else is beyond me. Call next time.

Parrylarious said...

And why don't they ever listen to the MOM? It's as if everyone thinks that because you are with them 24/7 that maybe your judgement is warped or that you haven't had any experience with what works and what doesn't?

You are amazing! Looks like you are having a life's experience #10,000 and amking it look so easy that none of us would ever know just how hard it really is.

I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!