(disregard the video)
Torticollis is a twisted neck in which the head is tipped to one side, while the chin is turned to the other. If it goes untreated it can cause spine issues, facial asymmetry, pain etc. He starts physical therapy next week. Luckily, he will be able to go at the same time as the twins.
My first thought was "You have to be freaking kidding me?! How much more crap can we take?!" Now I am just extremly grateful that we have so many wonderful therapists. It was actually one of the twins' PTs that finally vocalized her concerns--twice--that made us get him evaluated. His torticollis is not too bad, but not too good either but we do have the hope of a full recovery with normal facial positioning and neck control. We are especially lucky that we caught it early. After about 6 months it can start doing more permanent damage. It may sound very strange after this post, but I know that Heavenly Father is looking out for us in spite of our many recent challenges. I believe that our son can make a full recovery only because of the inspiration of a very observant therapist. Here is a more recent picture of our Gabby-look-alike waving hello.
7 comments:
He is soooooooo cute! I was telling Alan last night how excited I am to go to Utah for the summer and see you! I can't wait to see you and catch up with you! I will try and call you too, but it isn't until the kids are in bed that I get a chance...but the time difference messes everything up!
Kim, I love your blog! Kylie was diagnosed with torticollis as an infant too. Therapy helps so much, so glad they caught it early! Your kiddos are soo precious! I hope you all are doing well!
I love reading your blog. He's so cute! I hope the therapy works well, and that he recovers quickly. :)
I was just yelling my head, "are you serious?! One more thing that this poor family has to deal with!? seriously??" Sigh. I sure love your positive attitude and you are such an amazing family that just rolls with the punches eh?! I am sending nothing but love and prayers and happy thoughts your way! Loved being able to see you at the wedding, your kids are just beautiful, as are you :) and you too Josh!
Hope all turns out well. That curly hair is a riot.
you must be very special since you get spirits that need your help. Hang in there!
He is too cute! I am glad the condition can be corrected. Do you remember Rachel Willardson? Her baby also has it, she takes her to therapy twice a week.
Post a Comment