All in all, we really did have a great time. Plus, I have a new most embarassing moment. While Josh took the 3 oldest kids on one of the splash rides I stayed out with the 3 that are still in diapers. Lucky for me ALL 3 pooped shortly after they left to stand in line. I was able to change all 3 poopies in the diaper changer located in the middle of the womens restroom without much incident. Then I got the crazy idea that I could take them all into the handicap stall and use the restroom myself. You have to know that it is an oddly shaped bathroom that faced the rest of the bathroom. Just as I sat down and got started Andrew ran over and flung the door WIDE open. Of course, it's a handicapped stall so the door is twice the width. The stall was so big that I was still about 3 feet from the door. The best part was that I could see my refection in all the mirrors where ladies were washing their hands and trying not to laugh or stare. I started screaming for Andrew and then stopped realizing that it would just attract more attention to me. What do you do in this type of situation? Finally I just finished my business quickly and tried to jump up discretely and move to the other corner of the stall where I would be less visable to pull up my shorts. Ironically Andrew returned to the stall and shut the door just as I was snapping up. I sat with the kids in the stall for a good 5 min. (laughing hysterically) waiting until I thought most of the witnesses would be gone. Thanks Andrew!
Sunday, June 21, 2009
The Adventures continue...
Before Josh started his internship, we figured we should go do some of the "local stuff". We took the trek to visit both Sea World and Busch Gardens. We learned that this really should not be a summer activity. It was about 102 degrees on the heat index. Plus, we battled crowds for several things. Luckily, the twins' stroller is classified under the title "stroller used as a wheelchair" and we get to park and sit in the handicapped sections. It helped us a lot to not have to take the twins out and lug them around to the shows. This family photo was taken at the end of day 2. We were hot, sweaty & done! 
Driving the boats!
On the carousel.
Flying dragons.
Land of the dragons.
Log ride with Andrew.
The results of sitting in the front rows of Shamu's "splash zone".
Sea World's spash ride. Josh & Gabby in front with Naters behind.
Melting in the stadium while waiting for the show to begin.
All in all, we really did have a great time. Plus, I have a new most embarassing moment. While Josh took the 3 oldest kids on one of the splash rides I stayed out with the 3 that are still in diapers. Lucky for me ALL 3 pooped shortly after they left to stand in line. I was able to change all 3 poopies in the diaper changer located in the middle of the womens restroom without much incident. Then I got the crazy idea that I could take them all into the handicap stall and use the restroom myself. You have to know that it is an oddly shaped bathroom that faced the rest of the bathroom. Just as I sat down and got started Andrew ran over and flung the door WIDE open. Of course, it's a handicapped stall so the door is twice the width. The stall was so big that I was still about 3 feet from the door. The best part was that I could see my refection in all the mirrors where ladies were washing their hands and trying not to laugh or stare. I started screaming for Andrew and then stopped realizing that it would just attract more attention to me. What do you do in this type of situation? Finally I just finished my business quickly and tried to jump up discretely and move to the other corner of the stall where I would be less visable to pull up my shorts. Ironically Andrew returned to the stall and shut the door just as I was snapping up. I sat with the kids in the stall for a good 5 min. (laughing hysterically) waiting until I thought most of the witnesses would be gone. Thanks Andrew!
All in all, we really did have a great time. Plus, I have a new most embarassing moment. While Josh took the 3 oldest kids on one of the splash rides I stayed out with the 3 that are still in diapers. Lucky for me ALL 3 pooped shortly after they left to stand in line. I was able to change all 3 poopies in the diaper changer located in the middle of the womens restroom without much incident. Then I got the crazy idea that I could take them all into the handicap stall and use the restroom myself. You have to know that it is an oddly shaped bathroom that faced the rest of the bathroom. Just as I sat down and got started Andrew ran over and flung the door WIDE open. Of course, it's a handicapped stall so the door is twice the width. The stall was so big that I was still about 3 feet from the door. The best part was that I could see my refection in all the mirrors where ladies were washing their hands and trying not to laugh or stare. I started screaming for Andrew and then stopped realizing that it would just attract more attention to me. What do you do in this type of situation? Finally I just finished my business quickly and tried to jump up discretely and move to the other corner of the stall where I would be less visable to pull up my shorts. Ironically Andrew returned to the stall and shut the door just as I was snapping up. I sat with the kids in the stall for a good 5 min. (laughing hysterically) waiting until I thought most of the witnesses would be gone. Thanks Andrew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow! Can't wait for Miles to help me have that kind of an embarrassing moment! I LOVE the picture of a sopping wet James and Nate! I bet it was nice to cool down!
What would any of us be without a GREAT bathroom story.
But why does this only happen to the woman???
I agree with Mandy. This has happened to me before. Now, the child with me has strict instructions (spoken i my most ominous voice) not to leave the stall. Or, I say I will get lonely if they leave me. Both seem to work. And would it have been so bad if one of those staring women came and shut the door for you? I mean, come on people, let's help each other once in awhile.
Post a Comment