Friday, June 26, 2009
Little Updates
I am just trying to make sure we update this regularly so here are a few recent photos of our week. Most of our days consist of swimming, playing inside with A/C (I am hot INSIDE by 7:30 a.m.), playing outside on the swingset, and trying to finish unpacking. It is taking FOREVER because just our normal daily stuff fills the day. I have a few things up on the walls and hopefully I will be able to finish it all by the end of this month.
Abigail in Gabby's doll crib. Gabby thinks her sisters are just living dolls. Last week I heard screaming in the other room and ran in to find Gabby & James trying to get one of the twins into her doll stroller. It was WAY to small and the poor baby's leg was stuck!
Their new jammies that I could not resist. They have little pants that go with them, but this was the day that the upstairs air conditioner had been broken and I didn't think they needed them when the thermastat said 86 degrees.
Abigail tends to be more mobile than Tasha. She is the one that gets up on all fours and the one most commonly stuck with a leg under the couch. Here, she rollled under the TV stand and couldn't figure out how to get out.
This was our first big storm here. I couldn't capture how powerful the wind was. The palms were almost tilted and some tall skinny trees close by were almost sideways. Debris ripped off some of the trees and was batting around. When the rains came in reminded me of Colombia. It was like a bucket was being poured out. We sat on the screened porch as a family and watched. The downspout of the house next to us was overloaded and it started to spray out the top. We sat on the swing as a family while Josh and I told of the worst storms we remember. Mine included a tropical storm and an earthquake while Josh told about his tornado experiences. It was really fun. Very sweaty in the humidity, but fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Is this a picture of your backyard? It looks lush there, but oh how I remember Florida's humid weather.
Thanks for your updates! I really do check out your blog all the time and love to keep tabs on you and your gorgeous family! We have lived here in Spokane for almost 4 years and I am still finding unopened boxes! Good luck with the unpacking!
Post a Comment