Sunday, November 22, 2009

18 Months!

Today our little twinies are officially 18 months old! Time flies so quickly when you are so busy. They had their first day of nursery today. It was almost strange to just drop them off and go. Both girls are just growing up so fast that it seems they are doing something new everyday.

Abigail (always in pigtails) is our aggressive dominant girl. She is anxious to wrestle anyone--especially an unwilling Natasha. She seems to think it's funny to make her sister cry. She loves to scream and clap. She will go all day with a smile even when she hasn't had a nap. She loves to think she is independant and big trying to pull herself onto her knees and foraging for food under the kitchen table. Today when daddy was putting her to bed he brought her to me to give her kisses. She reached for me and once I had her, she deliberately turned to her dad and waved bye-bye with a sinister little smile. She knew what she wanted.

Natasha (always with one pony tail or a barrette) is our cuddle bug. She just needs more love and attention. If she were to be held all day she would be perfectly content. She is also our drama queen. Abigail jumps on her and pulls hair, clothes, etc. all day long and she hates it. Lately we have had some great laughs watching her sneaky ways. If she wants held when everyone is busy she crawls toward Abigail or Andrew and just touches one of them briefly and starts to wail. She gives herself away though, because when we get her she starts to grin & giggle. She has long since understood how the camera works and she is always the first to pose with a cheesy grin for us. She seems to be the observer of the two. The last few weeks she will crawl over to any article of clothing and try to put in around her neck or on her head, indicating that she knows it is for wearing.

It is a funny thing where they have their own developmental pace. We are never quite sure what age to treat them at, so we just do our best and figure the Lord will fill in for any mistakes. It seems strange that they are developing so slowly for their age compared to most children, but we feel like they are just growing up way too fast.



1st photo: 2 weeks
2nd & 3rd photos: today
Last photo: last week

3 comments:

Steve and Donna said...

special little spirits! Lucky to have you....

valerie said...

I just love them! I haven't checked up on your a long time, and you always seem to surprise me in one way or another! I just think the world of you and how much you are willing to take on. The Lord truly knew you and Josh were perfect for this, and you haven't let him down!
The girls are so stinkin adorable, I love love love all the pics, their smiles are worth a million! Thanks for posting so often, you are better at this than I am, and my life is a sliver the craziness of yours!
love you

Apron Appeal said...

I happened across your blog today and when I saw the picture of your little girls (one in the pink and one in cream) I was....well how can I describe how I felt. I can't really, but the short of it was "Wow! you have two spirits in your home, that played an important role in the preexistence (as did we all...but, well you know what I mean) and they did not want to be separated here on earth.

They, as the rest of your family, are beautiful. Cami still talks about when she was in preschool is Gabby. :)