Sunday, November 29, 2009

Holiday Weekend

Here is our Florida Thanksgiving in a nutshell. It has been a great weekend.
Josh & Andrew making brownies for "Black Friday"










.
.
.
.
.
'Snot sunset with Tasha Bear

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
girls posing at the beach
.

.
.
.
.Taking a nice walk at sunset
.
Black Friday is probably my favorite holiday. I love to shop the great deals and get my bargain shoppers high. But I also love that it is the day that we set up the tree. The kids get so excited and it is so much fun. Man, Santa has his job cut out for him here with all these stockings!







...........................................................................
Abigail was just dying to go outside, but soon discovered that she hates grass!
















.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Abigail ready to go outside!







.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Passing out the oranaments (above)

Our pathetic little "Dad's in law school" tree (below)


















Andrew's creative rendition of holiday spirit. (below)





.
.
.
.
Thanksgiving was a lot of fun because we had a little family and a lot of friends to share it with. We loved hanging out with everyone and especially the fact that the men clean it all up. Then we put on "UP" for the kids. It was so simple & relaxing. A perfect holiday for the non-fancy us.







































.
.
Abigail is starting to pull up on things so I had to put this in. Every little milestone is such a thrill for us all. We are able to play a part in organizing a local Down Syndrome support group here. It has been a good experience. Slow, but good. The next national convention is in Orlando this June so we hope to get organized before then. Crazy fun weekend for us. (Like any weekend is ever dull here!)


4 comments:

Steve and Donna said...

Enjoyed all your photos- we'll have to get together at some point.

Parrylarious said...

I am laughing at how surprised I was to see Abigail outside in the grass....not because she was outside, but because it was grass. Not that we have a lot of snow here, because we don't, but I forget you are in Florida. Hey, are you sure you won't make the New Year's Eve party. It just won't be the same without you!!! Love you!!!!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like things are going pretty well over all. I am glad!

Rachel and Michael said...

HI there. I haven't been following you in quite some time, so pardon the question. Do you live in Florida now?

Sure was fun to see such a fair weathered Thanksgiving.

Love you guys - Gonzales Family