Tuesday, November 24, 2009

911

Last night we ended up with a whole different FHE from the one we had planned. Natasha choked on some unidenifiable object and we started to panic. She was still breathing at times so I ran next door first to see if our firefighter neighbor was home. He wasn't so his sweet wife called 911. It only took about 5 min. for the firefighters & ambulance to arrive. Tasha & I got in, got strapped and headed to the hospital. Part way there she sputtered, gagged and was fine. So....I got a good 10-15 min of chit chat in with some nice paramedics.

My kids were fascinated at the firefighters in their front yard and disappointed at missing the inside of the ambulance. The firefighters gave them some awesome little plastic hats and I am sure we gave our neighbors an eventful evening. Josh's brother lives about 10 min. away and made it here in miracle time so that Josh could come to the hospital. He was able to kneel with our other kids first and offer a prayer for little Tasha.

At the hospital her lungs were clear, so we have no explanation as to what happened. The Dr. said it might have been a vocal chord spasm that causes kids to feel like they can't breath. I don't think we will ever know. Today we are going on a house-wide manhunt for any small items and they will be trash. Including loose books & paper because that is their favorite meal. We feel very blessed that things turned out to be fine. At least until we see the bill...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I have goosebumps! I'm so glad everything turned out okay and also to know that you have such quick medical response :-) Such a scary ordeal! I hope you guys are doing well and that you had a nice Thanksgiving! We are so ready to get out of this cold weather and visit you!