Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hamlet & Eggs

I have to share 2 cute things going on in our house the last few days:

First: James is in love with our paperback version of Hamlet. I ordered a box of cheap used books on ebay and that was the one he liked. It helps that it has a castle and a skull on it. He has carried it around with him for the last 3 days. Every time he thinks about it he opens it, runs his finger across the lines and then moves his bookmark. He is constantly telling me what page he is on. Assuring me that he is reading (probably all the words like: to and the it etc.) He just beams because he is so proud of himself.

This week our 3 youngest have really been sick with croup. Josh and I have been exhausted getting up with more than one child at a time and dealing with breathing issues, vomiting and fevers. This morning we were just too tired to get up. We both heard Abigail but we were pretending not to. Finally we woke up around 8:30 hearing Nate yell that breakfast was ready. Gabby, James & Nate had taken Abigail downstairs & kept her quiet, made 2 batches of scrambled eggs, and set the table complete with juice by the time we got down there. We were so proud of their thoughtfulness. They were just beaming at what a great work they had done. OH--they had also emptied the dishwasher. I love my cute kids!

3 comments:

valerie said...

Aw, that is the sweetest thing ever! You gotta have some good in there with some of the yuckies!

Annie said...

Wow! That is incredible! What sweet kids! You guys are doing something right!:)

Parrylarious said...

And then once again, I am constantly amazed at your life. Cute kids!