Friday, February 29, 2008

My Practical Jokers

Yesterday was such a funny day with our kids. Nate got Gabby & James involved in several practical jokes. What was funny to Josh & me was their approach. It started out by both of them giggling one morning asking if we were going to have eggs with salt on them. When I said no they asked when we were going to have something with salt because they played a really funny joke with the salt. We had to find out "on our own" that they had switched the salt with sugar. Then they not so subtley put a sign on Josh's back that said "I'm a perd." I think they were going for nerd but this was funnier. Then they taped a sign on our bedroom door that said, "buger pants." They topped it off by encouraging me to lay down in my bed and rest that afternoon. I found blocks and other toys in my pillow case. However, I did not tell Josh about it. So, the only joke that really worked was when Josh turned out the lights and crawled in bed to rest his head on a pillowcase full of blocks and plastic animals. I was laughing pretty hard. Too bad the kids missed that one!

4 comments:

k.young said...

That is pretty funny! I can't wait until Keelia gets a little older and starts to do fun stuff like that :)

Annie said...

That so funny! Isn't it so fun to watch kids figure out humor? Kim, you look great. I think that I look tons bigger with one baby than you do with two! No fair! When is your due date? I Do you have any names picked out?

Cassie said...

That is hilarious!!! those kids crack me up. That was great that you didn't tell josh ha ha what does he want for his birthday!!!!!!

valerie said...

Um they sound like they are related to your dad or something? Ya think?