For the first time since we arrived the weather was actually hot! The kids had a blast playing outside and getting sunburned (we tried to keep on top of sunscreen, but we failed). Our little princesses finally got to wear these adorable little summer dresses. I don't know why it came out sideways, but Abigail is trying to eat Natasha's face--so funny. My mom & dad ran errands today not realizing until later that they matched. Andrew is learning to take his diapers off and grandpa used duct tape to make sure his diaper would not come off. Andrew did not like it! Gabby is really getting very good at knowing how to take care of her baby sisters. She is here with Abigail.
Speaking of Abigail...it amazes me how different she and Natasha are. Tasha likes to sleep for 5-6 hours at night and 4 hours or so during the day. She gulps a ton of food down and then generally goes right back to sleep. Abigail is the exact opposite from her sister's mellow, easy going personality. She likes to eat about every 2 1/2 hours and generally picks at her food. She makes you think she is eating but she is just mouthing the bottle and not actually swallowing. Sometimes she eats really good but she likes to be held and by eating smaller portions more often she ensures that she will be cuddled more often. At night she fusses sometimes until I go get her and put her next to me. She is just fine then. Last night Grandpa took the late night feeding so I could sleep. I went to bed around 11:30 and he fed them at midnight and put them down at about 1 am. By 1:30 Abigail was fussing for food. I finished feeding her at 2. Natasha woke up at 4 ready to eat. By the time I pumped, fed Tasha and attempted to feed Abigail (who wasn't really very hungry yet) it was 5:30. Never fear--Abigail was starving by 7:30. She ate heartily and then was wide awake and ready to play. By 8 we were still fighting to wake Natasha so she would eat. When she finally did, she promptly fell right back to sleep. Who knew they would have such different personalities even at 3 weeks and why did I ever think that I could get them on the same schedule?!
5 comments:
The picture of Abigail eating Natasha's nose is so funny and cute! I am starting to think orange is a big color for your family because I have seen pictures of Sam and some of the other cousins in orange on the same day unplanned. Funny Stuff!!!
Don't fear. the Babies are only 3 weeks old, there is still hope for the same schedule, maybe in a few more weeks... good luck!
They are so cute Kim! I just realized we have some of those same outfits for our baby. So when you get back they will be like triplets!!!!! Heres to a good nights sleep....
Your kids are adorable!! How fun to be around your family like that!!
Hey Kim--Thanks for letting me come over to your mom's house and hold your little Princess (I think it was Abigail) Your little girls are darling and they are so lucky to have each other. They couldn't have come to a better family.
Shari
Post a Comment