Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Daily Grind





We were able to take the 3 oldest kids kayaking last week. Gabby liked it until she was traumatized by her mother, and then she was just miserable. I was lucky enough to get the kayak with several spiders behind my seat. When I felt tickling and looked down to see a spider the size of a silver dollar crawling on my leg, I lost it. My natural reaction was to jump up and try to stomp on it. I don't recommend doing that in a kayak. Luckily I was able to save us from tipping, but I did run us into the nearby tree. Gabby got slimed and brushed by some branches. I still didn't kill the spider. He went back behind my seat. Now I was paranoid, but at least I was expecting it. When he resurfaced I got him more calmly--and his 2 comrads. Then Josh checked to see that they were all gone and I calmed down. Unfortunately, the experience was ruined for Gabby and she would scream anytime a tree was within 10 feet. Other than that, it was a great 2 hours. One of Josh's young men even came with us and was so great with Naters. Thanks for Mitchell!
The rest of the week was filled up by a fun tea party for Gabby (she earned it!) as well as some dress ups with Andrew. James met his preschool teacher. Nate was busy playing before school starts. Abigail & Natasha have learned to nurse and only get a bottle every few days when we think they need a little extra. I credit their success to all the people who have come in and helped us so that 80% of my time could be dedicated to the girls. They are doing well with their therapy and are getting close to being able to hold up their own heads. They are tracking faces & sounds and are just learning to smile. They move their little mouths in all kinds of funny shapes trying to get the smile down. I can't wait until I get a picture of it. It seems so wierd to have girls that are still this small. It's like have perpetual newborns. I am loving every minute of it. Now we are taking off to stay overnight at a fun local lake. We are making it our summer "vacation". I hope Josh & I can take a vacation from the stress that is starting to get to us. Monday he starts school. I am dreading that day like you can't believe!!

7 comments:

Mandi said...

I am so glad that the girls are nursing...yeah!!!! Anything is possible, always remember that!

Annie said...

The spider story made me laugh out loud! That is hilarious. I would have done the same thing. Congrats on the nursing! That's fantastic!

The Seaman Family said...

Kim they are getting so big and adorable. We love watching them grow and progress. You're doing great! Hopefully when school starts things will calm down a little and you can relax a little more.

Mandy said...

I love the picture with Andrew with the "A" on the forhead.....did he see Adam's picture??

k.young said...

How fun! And your girls are getting so cute!! I can't even believe how much they are changing all the time!

Sly Family said...

I cannot believe how big Tasha and Abigail are you can really tell in their faces! I would have reacted the same way if I found spiders in the same area as me - scary!

Heatherbelle said...

I still want to see those girls! If you can't come down here this fall I just might have to come up there and visit! Miss you guys!