Today Gabby and I had a hard conversation. I knew it was coming, but it was still hard. Nate told me once that the twins were cuter than other babies even though they had DS. I knew then that he understood that they would look different but he didn't seem concerned. Today Gabby saw a catalog we have from Band of Angels (a great DS group). She said that she knew they had DS because of the way they looked. She mentioned something about those kids looking ugly and our twins looking cute. I told her that our twins looked like that but that they were babies and would look more like those kids as they got older. There was an unforgettable look on her face as she realized that her sisters would share those facial characteristics. She worries a lot about appearances. I hope having our little "band of angels" will help her to focus more on the spirit inside.
On a lighter note, I attached some fun photos. I had a pillow form that I put inside Nate's old soccer jersey and asked him if he wanted me to make it into a pillow. When I returned to his room he had added to it so creatively. He is such an funny & inventive kid. The other 2 pictures are of my bathing beauties (Tasha-L, Abigail-R) and one of them cuddling in the crib. I had laid them down on opposite ends, but they found each other anyway!
1 comment:
I know that this will probably be one of many hard talks you will have with your kids but you are so strong and good! I can't tell you how much I learn from you just by reading your posts! I admire you so much! I just love the picture of the girls in the crib! I think that is about the cutest story--them finding each other! They were meant to be together!
Post a Comment