Friday, August 29, 2008

Who is Who?


This is my question of the week: Who is who? Sometimes our girls look so alike and other times we are sure that they are fraternal. We finally ordered the tests to determine their "zygosity". We should know in about 2 weeks. We can't find any definate statistics anywhere, but from the information we have identical twins with DS are about 1 in 10 million births and fraternal twins are about 1 in 352 million. Either way, there is no doubt in our minds that they were always supposed to be ours!
On another note, McCain's VP choice Sarah Palin has a child with DS that is just one month older than my girls. Not a political comment, just an interesting fact.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Natasha on the left and Abigail on the right . . . am I right?? They're so dang cute! I'm excited about Sarah Palin. Today is the first that I've heard of her, but she seems like a great lady and a smart pick for Mccain!

Emalia said...

They do look a lot alike!! and their faces are so cute and cubby!! :-) I'm glad that your girls are finally in a routine--that will definately help. :-) I love all the pictures of your kayaking trip and beach trip--so fun! We miss you guys and love you all. please gives the all your kiddos 'Hellos', hugs and kisses from us.
Love, Emalia

k.young said...

I think they look very different. I am not sure who is who because I don't know them, but I think their faces look a lot different.
It will be interesting to see what the doctors say.