Saturday, August 9, 2008

Funny Day

Today was nothing but adventure. I let the boys take a bath in our big tub and they loved it! We learned a few years ago that if you add bubble bath to a jetted tub and turn on the jets you can get a foot or more of solid bubbles. It is a kid's dream and they were loving it--until I put Andrew in there. That kid is just such a tease. Within 3 minutes James & Nate were begging me to get him out! He was kicking them under the water and hitting them in the face with a handfull of bubbles. The poor kid will never have any friends at this rate.

I got to have a date with Naters today and I was really glad. About 2 years ago we started dating our kids over age 2 every month. I get one a week now!! I hear more "I love you"s on dates than just about any other time. I love that part too. This time Nate and I went pedal boating at a local river. It was the best workout I have had in months! We missed the rain by about 5 minutes and thought we were so cool.

I wasn't nearly as cool when I made he, Gabby & James come with me to the grocery store. We needed a big 'stock up' so we filled 2 carts--3 after they were bagged. They loveed it until the carts got really heavy and they realized that we weren't stocking up on cookies & candies. Then it was just embarassing. Andrew loved helping with the bags of food. The best was when he started stacking it like blocks. At that point I knew we were taking way to long putting it all away.

1 comment:

Cindy Barnes said...

I hate to scare you but just wait till they are teenagers!! You will need more than 3 carts to take away the groceries! I love your date idea with the kids! I wish I would have started that when mine were younger! I could still probably take them out but the boys might think a date with mom is lame. I might have to be creative and call it something else!