Sunday, July 13, 2008
104.7
As much as we wanted to be home already, the cards were stacked against us. We were delayed by James' ear infection. His fever reached 104.7 at one point and we rushed him to the ER. On the way, he actually started hallucinating. It made me incredibly nervous. The hospital staff was great and took him right in. The ear infection was more severe than we thought and the Dr. ordered a penicillin shot right away followed by strong antibiotics. His ear tubes are still in, they just had an overload. He is finally eating again and able to play thanks to motrin & tylenol but we chose to wait until he felt better. The fever was there at 4am last night/this morning, but the rest of the day we have kept it under control. Tomorrow we start the long trip home. This time we anticipate 4 days of travel. I am dreading it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my goodness, poor little James!
4 days eh......you are a trooper, I know I would end up hurting someone in the car if I tried to attempt a long trip like that! :)
Good luck, and drive safe, I will pray that you guys have a great trip home!
I'm so sorry about little James. Did you guys leave yet? We can't wait to hang out with ya!
Kim,
I found your blog through Heather Turner's. I didn't get a chance to talk much to you while you were at the ward, but I just wanted to know you are an amazing woman. As I watched you with all of your children, and especially your sweet baby girls, I was just so impressed by your loving nature. Heavenly Father blessed your children with a wonderful mother!
Good luck on the way home.
Tara Jorgensen
Post a Comment