

It is funny how people have received the girls. I had thought that people would make negative comments or shy away from the girls. I guess that has just been a fear that I had. They are my little girls and I worry so much how others will treat them. Yet, that has not been our experience so far. There has been an ourpouring of love and attention from not just family & friends but strangers. The receptionists at the OB office went nuts over Abigail (I left Natasha at home with Cinthia). They spoke about how the twins were special and would bless our lives. Another woman said something like, "special children for special parents." I was really shocked. I guess that being in an office where so many choose to terminate a pregnancy like mine I was taken back that everyone was so positive. I am sure that negative things will happen, but I am so happy that people have been so kind about the girls. I expected it from family because they are well... family. I anticipated it from friends because we only hang out with exceptional people. But I am amazed how seeing these girls often brings out the softer, kinder side of people. I am learning so much from being their mother. So many have helped us with them and their needs. I had a nurse who spent half a day calling around until she found a lactation specialist who had experience with DS. Also, the local head of the Early Intervention program here has bent over backwards to find information I wanted as well as what I needed. She has given me names & numbers of people who can really help. Sunday we have our first family meeting with the DS organization in our area. I am so excited. I am finally starting to enjoy my journey to Holland...
5 comments:
i am so happy for you...isn't Holland wonderful?
I can't tell you how sorry I am for not being able to see you and your family while we were in Utah! We did get to visit your mom and dad and they were exhasted but very lonely. I love to see all your pictures and by the way... you look fabulous!
Your girls are so precious and you guys are doing great! Enjoy every moment.
Cute pictures. It is nice to be home after a long trip isn't it? Keep in touch (I'm ready to have a baby any day now & the sooner the better :) I'll keep you posted.
i miss my girls!!!! give them kisses for me!!!
Post a Comment