Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Catching up...

My parents have been out of town 2 weekends in a row. This weekend I decided to go solo to see what I could handle. It was crazy! I didn't even get to do dishes until almost midnight on Sat. night. We were using paper cups toward the end. Our meals were chicken nuggets and frozen pizzas. I was sure that our little Abigail had colic because she never stopped fussing. It was so crazy and I was so grumpy and tired. We did have some great things happen though. My 3 oldest got to spend Thurs. night and Friday with their cousins at Clint & Courtnee's house. They had a blast and I got to visit when I went out to get them. Sunday morning I managed to get all 6 kids ready for church. Notice I did not say we were on time :)

Also, Natasha actually nursed successfully. She had about an ounce in the bottle afterward, but she usually takes 3-3.5 ounces at a feeding. I was so excited. I have actually nursed Abigail successfully since then as well. We try daily but they usually haven't got the energy or stamina to really get anything. We will keep practicing.

My sister has been amazing through all of this. She is pregnant and due in Feb and has not felt well. Yet, she still calls or comes over almost every morning to help and make sure that I have my needs met. She is such a blessing. Her little boy is a riot! Unfortunately, Andrew and Samuel rarely get along. Andrew hits and Sambo bites. One of us has to referee at all times. I will be the first to admit that Andrew started it and taught Sambo how to be mean. I feel terrible but we hope they will out grow it.

Monday was such a fun day! I have these great friends from a RS presidency in a singles ward about 10 years ago. We have kept in touch over the years and try to get together often. Mon. all but 1 were able to get together at Mandy's. (We missed you Elizabeth, but we will see you after your vacation) Between us we have 11 (almost 12) kids --6 boys, 5 girls and a girl on the way soon. It was so fun. Oh--and the kids enjoyed it too.

I just have to thank all of my friends who have been so understanding and watched my kids while I was pumping, helped me hold or feed babies and helped get kids into & out of the car. It is nice to have such support & understanding so that I don't feel like such a burden. I love all you guys!!

Josh comes tomorrow and I am so excited. His kids have missed him and he is going to die at the fact that his girls are 7lbs. + now. They are so different then when they left. The girls will be blessed on Sun. the 6th in the Jefferson ward. We would love anyone to come that would like to be there. Please call or e-mail and we will give out directions. After that we are not exactly sure when we are going back home. The new RS president let me know that we will have plenty of help which has been an enormous relief as I would not have made it without all the amazing help from my parents' ward.

The best thing this week is that my girls slept last night from 11:30pm until I finally woke them up at 6 am. I was nervous about letting them go so long but I have felt great all day. Yeah girls!

4 comments:

k.young said...

YAY!! I love reading your posts. They are just so uplifting. How great that they are getting blessed in Utah for your family can be there. And yay for Josh coming. I bet you are excited to see him. What a fun update. :)

Shauna said...

Yay girls for nursing! Yay girls for sleeping! Yay girls for growing! I'm so glad everyone seems to be doing so well. Hopefully you will have more good night time sleep in the near future!

Annie said...

Wow! You have your hands full! Kudo's for getting all the kids ready for church by yourself! That's an accomplishment! I can barely get three ready for anythign! I'm sure the blessing day will be so lovely! The pictures in the next post are BEAUTIFUL! You look fantastic!

valerie said...

I love catching up on your life, and after reading your posts, I still feel overwhelmed for you! You sound great and it seems like you have some really great help. I was in salt lake last weekend, but we were with justin's fmaily, and it was crazy trying to keep up with them, but I am sad I didn't make a trip over there to see you guys!
I am so happy for you that josh is coming, that has had to be so hard without him, I hope he rested himself very much while you guys were gone, cause he owes you now! :)