Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The good & the bad...

Natasha surprised us all by weaning off oxygen yesterday. Her heart rate decided to cooperate as well. Her stats aren't superb, but I think they are good enough that we can go home this afternoon on day 8 for her--day 15 of the whole RSV ordeal. Hurray! She is getting harder to entertain as she gets better. She wants her siblings to entertain her and they aren't here.

The bad news is that after making plans 2 months ago to visit my new niece in SLC the Dr. has called that off. Not only is the elevation change in the airplane dangerous, but the overall elevation in SLC may cause them to need oxygen. He wrote me a letter to give to the airline but NWA/Delta does not accept hospitalization as a reason to change or refund tickets unless we pay a huge fee. Which, ironically, is more than what we paid for the tickets in the first place. Needless to say, I am devastated. I hope that someday soon I will be able to see my sister and my beautiful new niece. Unfortunately, it's not worth the risk to go now. I was only going with the girls so it is probably better this way. My kids have all missed having mom around and they have a winter break right now. We are just going to have to find some fun local stuff to do. Well, provided it isn't public because the girls can not be in public for 3-4 weeks anyway. We'll just have to do lots of dates. :) I will just be glad we can be together again!

4 comments:

k.young said...

Oh gosh, Kim, how sad to have to cancel your trip. But with three sick kiddos, it is probably for the best. Your girls are such troopers! They must get that from their mom. :)

Sly Family said...

I can't believe that the airline wouldn't refund your tickets? It seems really unfair to me. Oh-well, I am glad that you seem pretty fine with it and that is all that matters. I am also glad that everyone is feeling better and everyone will be home and together!!!

Heidi said...

How about "We'll keep our tickets, but cause a major medical emergency for you and your company." Do you think they would consider that? That is really annoying...I'm sorry you guys have to miss your trip! I'm glad that the kids are feeling better.

Roxanne said...

Kimmie: What the crap! Steph told me about your kids. I'm so sorry! I hope all is getting better. You are in our prayers! Of course we will miss you coming to Utah, but hope to see you soon!