Thursday, February 12, 2009

Peace & Rest












I finally was able to rest & have a nap and I feel so much better. Here are some pictures of Abigail in the PICU. She gets her own room because she is so contagious. You can see that we have to gown up just to see her. In fact, we should technically have masks on. We gown up when we are with her and then throw the gown & gloves away and wash our hands before we are allowed to leave the threshold of the room (makes it tough when you have to leave for a drink or potty break). Then, Josh & I have to go home, shower and put on clean clothes before we should interact with our other kids. When I get home tonight I will take my 3rd shower today. Thus, the ugly hair & no make up look has a practical purpose :) Josh took a photo of my lovely outfit after nursing (hard to do with the gown in tact). We also posted our comic relief. We decided that the wheelchair sign was proof that there is still racial prejudice (ha ha). Remember that we are both sleep deprived.
While it is hard to see Abigail suffering, Josh and I have felt a tremendous sense of peace. Things will be OK. There have been some intense & terrifying times, but if Abigail can smile through it all, so can we. Thanks to everyone for their help & prayers.


7 comments:

Des said...

Bless her heart! I'm so sorry to hear that she has been so sick. Hopefully things continue to get better. She is absolutely adorable! Our prayers are with you guys.

Emalia said...

We ARE praying for little Abigail and your family and I do hope things look up soon. I'm so sorry she's so sick. :-( The comic relief is good and funny ;-). Love you guys!

Stephanie said...

Kim and Josh, I wish we were closer and could help with your family! Let us know if there's something we can do from here. We will pray for Abigail's speedy recovery and your family. How great that you caught it before Tasha also got sick. I'm glad the other kids are doing well and that you were able to get some rest. I'm continuously amazed at how strong you guys are!

k.young said...

Oh my gosh, Kim, that is just awful. I hope everything gets better. She looks so sad and so sick in those pictures. Keep us posted and we will pray for you.

Stephanie said...

It is not fun to have a sick child. My heart goes out to your family. We will keep you in our prayers.

valerie said...

I am praying that everything goes okay for Abigail! I'm glad you have been able to get a little rest and some sleep. You are such a strong woman Kim, honestly you have such determination and strength to help your family get through all this stinky mess. I love you guys and will continue ot keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Sly Family said...

I just wanted to let you know how gorgeous you are in your pictures!!! Also Abigail is just so precious looking in those pictures!