Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Small Miracles

Last night was nuts! One of the kids was playing with Abigail a bit roughly, and she started screaming. I felt like her hip had possibly been dislocated. I rushed her to the pediatrician with only a minute to spare before 5 and had her evaluated. It seemed like everything was fine except that she screamed when the Dr. reached a certain point. Finally, the Dr. sent us to the local ER for Abigail to be evaluated. While there getting x-rays they noticed that she had a terrible cough. I had taken her to the Dr. a few times over the last 6 weeks of coughing but they hadn't really been alarmed. The hospital staff wanted to be cautious and hooked her up to assess her oxygen content. The short story is that Abigail was admitted to the hospital last night for RSV. We are so grateful for whatever hip injury we thought she had or we would never have realized how sick she truly was. Apparently, her oxygen levels only go down when she is sleeping. Thanks to nose tubes and an IV she is doing much better. We hope she can return home soon.

3 comments:

Julie M. said...

I'm so sorry! I hope she gets better soon. I can't believe how big they are getting! So cute!

Heatherbelle said...

Scary! I'm glad you go her in to the Dr. before she got worse. We'll be praying for you. Love ya!
-Heather

Emalia said...

Oh no! I'm sorry Abigail is not doing well. I hope she gets better soon. :-) LOVE all the pictures from you FHE night, the boys in the tub and shots of Tasha's photo shoot. I think my fav. of her is the 'O'val face she's pulling. SO cute. :-) Love you guys and miss you.