It was pouring rain today but Nate had an appt. so we had to go out. Coming home on the freeway we got into a terrifying accident. I had slowed down to between 50-55 mph so I thought we were safe. Not so. We suddenly hydroplaned and our car actually turned around 180 degrees and then slammed up against the guard rail on the driver's side facing oncoming traffic. Unfortunately, Nate & I were both on the driver's side and we were jostled pretty hard. There were other cars on the 2 lane freeway that somehow managed to avoid hitting us. I only remember the terror of spinning and the relief of hitting the guard rail and stopping. Nate thought the spinning was "way fun" and wasn't scared until we actually hit. Funny how perspectives work. All I could think of is what could happen if someone hit us. I am so grateful that the Lord was protecting us. I cannot imagine hospital time and/or injuries added to our stresses.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Scary. Atleast it was just you and Nate and not all of the kids. Glad you are safe.
I am so glad you are both o.k.!! And the car didn't look too bad. How scary things could have been! I am glad the Lord is watching out for you!
What a testimony of the Lord's protecting hand! So glad you both are safe!
How scary, I am so glad you guys are safe!
I am so glad you are o.k.! That sounds so scary! I saw an accident happen right in front of me once and I had to pull over to have my little panic attack. All I could think was, but for a few seconds, that could have been me (hit by a semi.) Scariest of all, I had my kids in the car with me (when I was pregnant with Phoebe.) Your car didn't look too bad. That's good that it still drives fine. I didn't know you still had that car. I remember when you bought it. That was a NICE car!
Post a Comment