I love that James and Andrew are home together all day without the 2 older kids. They are beginning to form a friendship and actually play together. This picture was how I found the boys in the sandbox after I finished feeding the girls one morning. Later that day I overheard James asking Andrew if he wanted James to teach him how to play with cars. He was reciting the specific sounds that each car was to make.
My twins never cease to amaze me. No matter how far apart they are placed in their crib they always find a way to be touching. I have read that twins will not really be "aware" of each other for several months but these girls just know they are close somehow and need to be touching. Also, Abigail giggled for the first time Saturday. She did it 3 times while I was playing with her so I know that it isn't just a fluke. Hurray!!
These are Nate's art pictures from 1st grade. He is really talented. That must come from his grandma Connie, because it didn't come from Josh or me. Thanks Connie!
Gabby's weekend was not as much fun. After walking with the kids to the craft store and a big "event" at Toys R Us, she slipped and fell on the gravel. Luckily, it was right in front of our home. Unluckily, it was a pretty deep gash. She & I ended up spending Sat. afternoon bonding in the local ER while they super glued her knee back together. Poor thing!
I just want to note that while our life is completely insane at times and having so many kids this close together can be really busy, I am insanely happy. Josh has often said that if my life isn't crazy, I am just not happy. I guess it is true. There was a time in my life when I didn't ever want to have children but being a mother has brought me more joy than I could ever imagine. It is so worth the sacrifices in time, things and sleep. They have already taught me more than I could ever thank them for.
2 comments:
Insanity is the one word that always accurately describes the life of a mother!
Here is a video of how to fold a t-shirt: http://www.marthastewart.com/article/how-to-fold-a-t-shirt
I don't even bother laying it down on a flat surface. I just grab it by the shoulders and give it a good shake to make it flat and then grab all the appropriate points while holding it in the air. It took a bit of practice, but it has seriously shortened laundry folding time!
I'm so glad James and Andrew are getting along. That's great ;-) and how cute that the twins like to be touching. I posted some pictures from Seth's baptism weekend on our blog if you want to see the family. ;-)
Post a Comment