We have been so lucky to have had a visit this last week from the grandparents. We all loved every minute. It did help me realize how crazy my schedule is and how much work it really is to go anywhere with this crazy gang! They were such a great help and so good with the kids. It was nice to have company in the evening as well. Josh doesn't usually come home until 8 and then he studies the rest of the night.
We went to a fun store that was having a "Harvest Celebration" of sorts and walked around eating donuts & cider. We also went to our favorite apple orchard and picked several kinds of different apples. Then we ate donuts (seeing a pattern?) and got some lunch. We went out to dinner one night and just hung out most of the time. My favorite was going to visit my brother and his family. On the way we stopped at Kirtland, OH and saw some of the church history sites. It was fun for the adults--not so exciting for the kids.
I really enjoyed spending time with my nephews. I cannot believe how quickly they are growing up. Sometimes I just wish time would slow down a bit. KC is almost 14!! It makes me feel so old. James finally got over his fear of the dogs, and for the first time Andrew ate no dog food. Hurray!! KC & Jake both have the priesthood and were able to go with their dad, grandpa & uncle Josh out to dinner before priesthood. They were going to go somewhere after but Jake was hurting after the stitched he earned falling earlier that day. No one wanted to leave.
It has been really quiet since they flew out yesterday. My kids are more bored and miss all the attention but we are surviving. I miss the girls being held more often. I feel like that only happens when they are eating some days. Their physical therapist says that they are much more social and interactive this week after having their grandparents around. We are so lucky! We love you Grandma & Grandpa!!
3 comments:
How fun!! Sounds like you guys did a lot of fun things. Your little girls are getting so big!
Love the new photo on the header of your blog! What a bunch of cute kids you have. I love reading your blog and staying in touch!!!
Miss you!
What a wonderful visit!! Grandparents are one of the most important people in their lives, and its a blessing that they are able to come visit like they do! Sounds like you had an eventful time. Driving with 6 kids does not sound fun, and you seem to do just great with it.....?? I can't beleive kevin's oldest is 14....what? Just goes to show how we never get to see each other anymore, all the kids are testimate to that with their growth patterns!
I love the new picture! You are just the cutest family, and I'm glad things are continuing to go well! love you!
Post a Comment