Saturday, May 31, 2008
We've Arrived!
I can't tell you how fun a road trip isn't when it is so long! We were very blessed though and missed the tornados in central Nebraska by 1 hour. Josh kept saying "this looks just like tornado weather" over and over during a part of our trip. At one point we passed an RV and truck completely on their side, a cement truck in the ditch, several silos that had been destroyed and were strewn across fields like puzzle pieces, and (worst of all) a house that was flattened. Also, of course, the many trees that were trashed and (much to my dismay) a dead cow on the highway. We really feel that the Lord was looking out for us. We also (through my husband's amazing skills) got suites at hotels both nights without paying more than the cost of a regular room. That way Josh & the kids could sleep while I fed the girls in another room. I just slept in the car. It is good to be home and watch Grandpa & Aunt Cassie get to know the girls too. They are loving the attention. Natasha was awake for a good 2 hours last night just looking around at everyone. She is doing much better than her sister right now but I am sure it is just a matter of time before Abigail will catch up. Speaking of catch up, I need to sleep when I can so... I will try to get the program loaded to add more photos of the family soon. Thank you to everyone for the prayers and positive comments. We truly appreciate them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I stumbled in here from a bloglines search for Down Syndrome. Your girls are beautiful, as is the rest of your family.
We are so glad that you made it safely. Let us know if we can pick Josh up when he fly's back here. We will miss you while you are gone! Give Utah a big Hug and kiss for us!
Yikes! I'm glad you missed the horrors of tornadoes. I hope you guys have fun in Utah! I can't remember how long you are staying but if there's anything you need we'll be there in July! :) Thanks for keeping us posted!
I am so glad that you guys have arrived and got there safely. How scary it must have been to see all that, but the blessing of knowing that our Heavenly Father truly was watching out for you guys. Hope you all get settled in and that you can get some sleep. We will keep you in our prayers.
i am so glad you guys are here--let me know when you'd like to come over--we'd love to have you anytime..di
I stumbled on our blog (linked from another friend's blog), and I'm so glad I did. Your girls are adorable, and so lucky to have been sent to your family. Congratulations! I look forward to meeting them someday!
Kim-
Hollie told me about your blog and I just want to congratulate you on your beautiful little girls! I'll bet Gabby is just thrilled to have two little sisters. They are both beautiful and lucky to be a part of your family. Hollie said that you might have a little get together at her house so hopefully I will get to stop in and say hi. I'm glad you made it to Utah safely and hope to see you soon. Tell Gabby hi for me.
-Desirae
we have a blog for our family too. It's markanddes.blogspot.com if you want to check it out.
Wow, I'm so glad you guys made it in safe. :-) we're so excited to meet the girls tomorrow and see all of you. can't wait. :-)
You guys are brave!! But I am glad you made it safe. How long will you be in Utah? Maybe I will get to meet the girls when I am out there next month. Have fun!!
Oh my goodness......I can't beleive all the craziness you had to go through, or not go through I guess I should say! On our trip this weekend, we kept wondering how you were doing and hoping that the road trip went okay for you. Gosh, I can't imagine driving that long with 2 tiny babies! You really are superwoman aren't you?
You guys are amazing! We just heard the twins arrived and we also heard you headed to Utah! How are you doing it all? We miss you and think of you often.
Post a Comment